Friday, March 2, 2012

I Don't Bake

I don't like to bake.  It requires exact measurements & you know I don't cook like that.  I'm a dumper, and that does not mesh well when you have to follow directions down to the ounce and teaspoon.  When you start dumping stuff it can make for one ugly looking & bad tasting dessert.  I just stay away from it & ask my mother-in-law to bring the dessert.  She's a wonderful baker!

One thing I can make though is a cookie cake.  My favorite part is the icing.  It's like painting, but with creamy yumminess instead of paint.  Of course the more icing you have on the cake the better, or that's the fam's opinion anyway.

Last night I made a cookie cake for the Rebel dance team from our high school.  They left for their National Competition in Orlando this morning, and were performing their routines for parents, grandparents, boyfriends, and friends.  I'm so proud of those girls, and wanted to send them off with a little 'good luck & I love you' cake.

I was kinda bummed.  The 'V' is supposed to be red, but with the white icing and red food coloring it turned pink.  The girls said they liked the pink better...I told you they were sweet! 


a close-up of my pink 'V' cookie cake
The cookie is nothing special, it's pre-made toll house cookie dough pressed into a huge rectangle baking pan, and then once it was cooled, I iced it.  No big deal, but it's the thought that counts anyway. 

I love you girls & can't wait to see how you do at Nationals!  I know you're going to knock'em dead!  Go Rebels!

Y'all be blessed beyond measure,
~ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin MOJ to Pinterest

the reason I do what I do

the reason I do what I do
this is us on our family vacation.

Search Measure of Joy

Where the MOJ reader are...

Locations of Site Visitors Do you want your own mapcounter? go to www.maploco.com